Okay, we’ll keep this short and sweet.
Pure chocolate decadence that is sure to get you through the temptation that is Easter. Made for us by Dr Tom’s wife Kelsey, you and your family are sure to love these grain free, dairy free, nut free brownies.
It is a Thermomix recipe but we have included tips on how you can make it if you aren’t a Thermomix owner. Kelsey found the recipe on quirkycooking.com.au which has a fabulous range of recipes designed by Jo Whitten that promote healthy, tasty eating for the whole family.
So here it is. Your Easter treat. Enjoy !
PS It might be best to ‘share the love’ and invite a friend over for a cuppa and brownies… these are RICH, so don’t eat them all yourself!
- 200g dark, dairy free chocolate (I use either Green & Black’s 70% cocoa chocolate which ‘may contain traces of dairy’, or Loving Earth dark chocolate which is completely dairy free)
- 130g raw Medjool dates, pitted
- 180g organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- 30g coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line a 22cm square baking dish with baking paper. I use ‘If You Care’ baking paper, which is non-toxic.
- Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) into the mixing bowl and mill for 10 sec/speed 9.
- Add the dates to the bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 10.
- Add the coconut oil and cook 5 mins/60C/speed 2.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 20 sec/speed 8. Scrape down lid and sides of bowl and mix another 10 sec/speed 6.
- Scrape mixture into a lined, square baking dish. Bake in preheated 190C oven for 18-20 mins. Be careful not to overcook or they won’t be gooey! Just until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into small squares, and refrigerate until cold.
- If you don’t have a Thermomix, you’ll need to finely chop the chocolate and dates (in a food processor if you have one) and melt together over a double boiler with the coconut oil, whisking until smooth. Then stir in the remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon.