Natural looking, secure, and biocompatible fillings in just one visit!
Technology today is changing our everyday lives. Many people, however, aren’t aware that technology also is impacting dentistry in new and exciting ways.
When it’s time to replace your old amalgam silver fillings with a natural-looking alternative, dental wellness offers CEREC®, the world’s leading system for fabricating all-ceramic fillings in a single visit. CEREC® is most commonly used in the replacement of old, large amalgam or composite resin fillings that have failed, fractured or decayed.
What is CEREC®?
CEREC® is the acronym for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics.
It enables the dental wellness team to economically restore damaged teeth in a single appointment using a high-quality ceramic material that matches the colour, function and strength of natural teeth.
- Chairside – The technology is in the dental suite and used while you are in the chair.
- Economical – The procedure is economical without compromising function or aesthetics.
- Restorations – The procedure restores teeth to their natural beauty and strength.
- Esthetic – Restorations are metal-free and tooth-coloured, perfectly replicating natural teeth.
- Ceramic – High-strength ceramics, close in composition to natural tooth structure, are used.
With over two decades of of clinical research and documentation to support the technology, CEREC® restorations have been proven precise, safe and effective.
Your steps to a new smile
The CEREC® equipment comprises a digital infrared camera, a medical-grade computer and a milling machine, which allows a damaged tooth to be repaired in under two hours. It utilises both Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) technology.
- We start with the removal of decayed tooth structure and old filling material
- A handheld digital infrared camera creates a 3D image of the tooth
- Next our specially trained and experienced dentists will design your tooth in front of you using a 3D image of the tooth
- The CAM techonology generates a porcelain restoration from a colour-matched ceramic block
- Finally we bond the milled restoration directly to your tooth, creating a durable, aesthetically acceptable result in less than one hour
CEREC® treatment is very patient friendly, requiring:
- just one visit
- no more metal work
- no more temporary fillings between appointments
- no more laboratory visits or fees
- less drilling
- fewer injections
- greater strength