This winter why not inject more of the wonder food Turmeric into your diet. Here are three recipes to get you started.
Cleansing Turmeric & Ginger Tea
From the blog of Food Matters
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) almond or rice milk
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 6 drops stevia liquid
- Add the almond milk to small saucepan and heat gently until it reaches room temperature.
- Add the turmeric and ginger to a mug.
- Pour a small amount of warm milk into the mug and stir to create a liquid paste, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add the remaining milk and sweeten with stevia.
Golden Turmeric Mylk
- 250 ml almond milk (you can also use coconut milk).
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated turmeric.
- 5 ml MCT oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- pinch of ground black pepper.
- Gently warm ‘milk’ in a small pot on stove. Add your turmeric, cinnamon and black pepper stir and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Lastly add MCT oil and and stir to mix through.
- Pour in you favourite mug and sprinkle some pepper or cinnamon for garnish.
Spiced Kale & Turmeric Scramble
From the blog of Healy Eats Real
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1.5 tsp turmeric
- 1 garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a skillet. In a separate bowl whisk eggs.
- Add chopped kale to the skillet and cook until slightly wilted. Then add whisked eggs.
- Add turmeric, garlic, salt and pepper and cook.
Do you have any other Turmeric recipes you think we should share?
Keep smiling! It’s good for you.