It’s great isn’t it when your efforts are acknowledged?
Since our practice began, we have consciously taken steps to ensure our clinic does not negatively impact the environment and our hard work has been recognised!
We are so excited to announce that we have just been awarded the Green Lifestyle Award in the category of Wellbeing.
The Green Lifestyle Awards honour outstanding green innovation and initiative and recognise people and businesses who are leading the charge toward a cleaner and greener living environment.
Here are just some of the initiatives that Dental Wellness is integrating into our model of practice of dentistry that show that we are taking the positive and genuine step of working toward green becoming the norm.
- Patient Protection: We safely remove mercury fillings rigourously following the protocols recommended by the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology)
- Environment Protection: Our CMA Ecocycle mercury filter stops 99.5% amalgam and Mercury going into our waterways. Just one gram of mercury will contaminate one BILLION litres of water to an unsafe level.
- Air filtration: Our air filters are Swiss-made total building filtration systems designed especially for dental clinics. The filters not only clean the air to within 0.003 microns, but also remove all mercury vapour and other dental fumes at the time of your consultation.
- Surgery lighting: we use full spectrum lighting that emulates natural sunlight and has proven beneficial in the treatment of seasonal affective disorder.
- Non-toxic paints: the issue of out-gassing from volatile organic compounds (VOC) in paints has been frequently identified as a cause of environmental toxicity. Dental Wellness has been completely painted in Wattly Id– a low VOC paint.
- Digital x rays imaging: We offer the very latest system by Schick, allowing instant digital images with minimal radiation exposure.
We are extremely proud of the Green Lifestyle Award accolade as we are in the company of outstanding businesses and individuals and will continue to strive to be worthy of this award through our ongoing programs.